The Freestyle Pod from Garden Hideouts is an unfurnished space you can make your own. It’s a beautiful room
from the outset, including tongue & groove interior cladding, laminate flooring, underfloor heating and atmospheric
But essentially this is a superb vacant space full of possibilities: a blank sheet for you to fill with your ideas, your
furniture and equipment, all in your own personal style. Available in a choice of widths, with or without a halfglazed
back wall, the only limit to the Freestyle Pod is your imagination.
The building’s precision built framework utilises the tried and trusted tusk tenon and wedge system. The result is uniquely strong series of joints, delivering a rigid, robust and long-lasting structural frame.
• Western Red Cedar exterior cladding: ethically-sourced and slow-grown. Can be either hand-oiled to preserve its rich colour or left untreated to turn silver-grey over the seasons.
• Select grade Scandinavian Redwood tongue and groove interior cladding. Primed, painted and immaculately finished
• Framework cavity insulated with a layer of ecologically sound 100mm flexible mineral wool. The semi-rigid shape of the insulation allows it to be measured and cut accurately filling the void more completely, thereby providing excellent all year round thermal and acoustic performance.
• ‘A’ rated double glazed bespoke wooden door and window units.
• Optional distinctive half-glazed end panel.
• Quick-Step Impressive laminate flooring with water-repellent ‘Hydroseal’ coating.
• Certified electrical system with high quality finish outlets.
• Fully delivered to site and professionally constructed.
The most suitable type of foundation will be selected for the ground conditions where the Pod is to be sited to ensure a secure base for the building.
100mm x 36mm sustainably sourced precision cut Grade ‘A’ structural ply fixed at joint cross sections with a tusk tenon and wedge system.
18mm Grade ‘A’ quality exterior ply floor and internal subfloor.
100mm flexible mineral wool insulation with a U-value 0.22w/m2K* installed within each natural cavity section of the framework.
100mm foil faced rigid foam insulation board with a U-value of 0.26w/m2K* installed within the floor and subfloor cavity.
150mm x 15mm Western Redwood Cedar featheredge boards installed with a 50mm overlap and secured with galvanised fixings over a high performance breathable vapour membrane. Hand finished with satin-matt microporous UV protection oil.
90mm x 20mm Scandinavian Redwood tongue and groove. Hand primed and painted with BS6150 compliant high quality acrylic primer and emulsion.
17th Edition compliant consumer unit and wiring with current Part P certification.
Tricoya wood double glazed ‘A’ rated toughened glass units. So hard wearing and weather resistant they come with a 50 year guarantee. Fungal resistant and super-low maintenance.
Very impressed with Garden Hideouts, and the care and attention you all take with the details. It was very reassuring to get site feasibility visits, and the team on the day were fantastic...
Just to say thank you to you and your team. The Pod is amazing and the guys who built it were incredibly hardworking craftsmen. The result is perfect and the whole experience was very smooth...Mr Dix
My therapy pod... I would just like to say, I am so impressed by the work and skill carried out. The pod looks amazing and all my clients are so impressed by the whole structure and all the little finishing touches ie. the rope and fittings. I liked that I was kept informed and updated throughout with pictures of the progress, nothing seemed like too much. Your team's attitude towards myself, the pod and the care of my house was excellent. They put up with all my annoying questions too! You have a great team working for you and I feel it's important for you to know this from a happy customer. All my clients want a pod in there gardens now!...Michelle Riach
Thank you too to everyone involved in building my Shepherds Hut, I love it. This morning we had a removals firm move all my fabrics and yarns into the hut and everything is going to look wonderful, after a massive tidying session! I am delighted and will enjoy working in such a special space. ...Christine Bell